Here are a few fun and simple ideas on how to have a great time on your next beachfront vacation.
- Have a bonfire on the beach and roast marshmallows.
- Prepare a fun dinner at sunset by the beach bonfire where everyone has to dress up like a pirate, including all adults. Bring bits and bobs of items from home in red, black and white to fashion pirate garb.
- Follow a set of foot prints in the sand as long as you can.
- Have a sandcastle building contest.
- Bury treasure in the sand and make a treasure map for kids to follow. You can bury the treasure with “x marks the spot” with beach stones.
- Paint beach rocks.
- Feed seagulls.
- Go on a scavenger hunt for different kinds of shells and different colored beach rocks.
- Give each person a day where they have to decide the menu and the activity or game of the day.
- Rent beach cruisers, decorate them and ride to the harbor for an ice cream treat.
- Fish from the pier. Better yet fish from your own beach backyard.
- Put up a tent on your private beach.
- Take a flashlight out on the beach at night and look for treasures.
- Spend an entire day without using the word “No”- its harder than you think!
- Let the kids create one dinner meal. If they decide to have pizza with m and m’s and candy for a topping, thats great. You will survive and they will remember that dinner for the rest of their lives.
- Put away the cell phones and talk.
- At bonfire each day, have everyone bring a trinket or souvenir from what they did that day. Go around the fire ring and share with everyone what they did. It gets everyone talking and laughing.
- Try and count the grains of sand in just one teaspoon of sand.
All of us at http://www.Oceansidebeachrental.com hope you have a wonderful beachfront vacation and take home a sand bucket filled with great memories! Logan and Kim